Seriously, bathroom with dirty tiles is hazardous for our health! The place is hot and steamy which are prone to bacteria, mold, and mildew. These germs spread quickly to the human body and drive serious health risk!
It’s essential to keep your bathroom clean. Else, it will lose its sparkle very early!
Your bathroom tiles begin filthy after some days as it is frequently used. And it’s turned into solid stain if you left it for ages.
So you need to clean your bathroom tiles regularly as you don’t want to lose the shine of tiles!
Sometimes you fail to clean appropriately, and you get upset about it. That’s why I’m sharing some practical ways to clean your bathroom tiles. After reading, I am sure you will find the solution!
Here I go……
Apply the Vinegar
This one is the most effective way to clean bathroom tiles. All we know vinegar is an acidic nature that creates a phase to inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew. It can also remove the mineral deposits, water stains, soap scams and more.
- First, take an equal amount of distilled white vinegar and water and mix them correctly in a spray bottle.
- Then spray the mixture on the surface of tile evenly and allow to set for a few minutes.
- After setting, scrub with a sponge or brush.
- Now wash with water thoroughly.
Apply Lemon Juice
Lemon is an inexpensive way as it is available to our home. It’s natural, slightly acidic and has no adverse effect to use. It is very popular to lighten stain and skin blemishes.
- Take the lemon juice into a spray bottle and spray onto the surface of the tile. And wipe the surface with a sponge. Lastly, rinse the tile with water.
- If you want, you can dampen a sponge with lemon juice directly. Then apply it to wipe the tile down. Rinse the surface with warm water.
Spray Your Tile With Cleaning Product
You can find various type of cleaning product in the market that can effectively clean your bathroom tile. Some are in liquid form, and some are in powdered form. You should know how to apply them. It’s better to read the manuals if you are a beginner.
- If you have powdered cleaning products, you need to mixed it with water. Then apply on the surface of the tile and wait for the set. After a while rub with a brush or sponge and washed with water.
- Before you start, close the door and window of your bathroom and run a hot shower for a few minutes That will help to open the pores of ceramic and you will get a deep clean.
Use Baking Soda Cleaner
Baking soda is a strong natural cleaner which you can use for bathroom tile cleaning. It is perfect for regular cleaning of water spot, mildew. The abrasive action of baking soda can remove the dust or stain.
- Take some pure baking soda into a bowl and dip a wet sponge in it. Then, scrub it on the down tile and grout. Now rinse the tile with hot water.
- Baking soda with vinegar is more useful for grout and stain. Make a paste of baking soda and vinegar by adding some water. Use the paste with a toothbrush on the grout and rub it for a moment which can easily cut the dirt without any hamper.
Borax is occurring naturally by the evaporating of seasonal lakes. It is a compound of mineral and salt. It has disinfecting and deodorizing effect as it is alkaline in nature.
- Apply the borax in the same way as you would the baking soda. The glaze of bathroom tile would come back with the use of borax!
- If you want to get the whitening effect, then make a mixture of borax, baking soda, cream of tartar, grated lemon peel. Apply the mixture generously on the tile surface and scrub with a brush. Finally, wash with water.
Apply Hydrogen Peroxide
If you fail to remove the stain and stubborn molds you should use hydrogen peroxide. It is a powerful whitening agent and fungicide.
- Make a thick paste of hydrogen peroxide and white flour. Apply the paste on the tiles surface and the grout.
- Now cover the full tiles with a plastic wrap. Keep it for a whole night to work.
- In the morning wash it with cold water.
Steam cleaning is a fantastic way to remove the bacteria, mold, soap scam, dirt or any residue.
In this method, you don’t need any chemicals or product at all. It’s just about high heat and pressure to do the work. It works in the same way as the tile vacuum cleaner work.
This one is the excellent option for you if you have the allergy to chemical and mold!
Clean your bathroom tile with these way which I shared. Really, these are less harsh then use of bleach, and you get the deep clean with shining tiles!