There is no doubt about pets charm and loyalty, but what about their shedding!
If you’re a pet owner, you have to face it. You’re struggling to clean up fur that’s why you’re here.
Everybody loves their furry companions, and most of the people consider them as a family member. They can freely move into the house and leave their hair everywhere. So you find fur on your upholstery, table, bed, couch and every place which can be frustrating.
However, you might not be able to stop the shedding as its natural for all dogs and cats. While all you can do, which will help in your fight against the hair.
Now the thing is how to control and ultimately conquer the fur around your house. We placed here some brilliant tips to get rid of pet hair from your loving place. To know in detail read on.
How to get rid of pet hair from home
Remove pet hair from the floor
You may think the floor surface has less tendency to hold pet hair than carpet. You’re right but not for always!
If you don’t clean the floor properly, then you may be digging yourself into a hole as most of the ways push them around instead of capturing. Try this below method to make sure you’ll win in the fight between you and the floor.
- To remove pet hair from the floor, you can use a microfiber cloth. The microfiber cloth has an electrostatic charge that helps to pick up pet hair from the hard floor surface. This is an excellent option to use as it gets laundered instead of tossed.
- Alternatively, you can invest in a Swiffer sweeper that is budget-friendly. This is really good for picking up pet hair from the floor. Similar to the microfiber, it can trap and lock the loose fur. The good thing is, there is no possibility to fly over the surface like you would with a vacuum cleaner.
Remove pet hair from the carpet
Undoubtedly carpets are the more friendly to the pet hair than other things. They are the place where hair can hide easily. That’s why clean up fur from the carpet are seems to be a tough chore for the pet owner.
Luckily there is some easy and effective way to pick up hair, and we ensure your cleaning task get hassle-free with these below tips.
- The first tip is using a rubber broom that is intended to loosen up and collect the hair from the carpet. It has a static charge that makes the hair come up from the hidden place.
- Accordingly, you can use a window squeegee to pick up fur. All you need to drag the tool along the length or breadth of the carpet, and you can see how nicely the hair is coming out.
- If you don’t want to use window squeegee, then you can use a furminator. This tool work indeed.
- Another way to find out pet hair is rubber gloves. These are brilliant to pick up hair from the edge of the carpet and wall. Put a rubber glove and dampen it a little bit, not much. Then rub the surface, and the hair sticks to the glove.
- If you want to use a vacuum cleaner ( if possible then use pet hair vacuum cleaner), sprinkle some baking soda over the carpet that can enhance the power of vacuuming. The baking soda loosens the pet hair that’s why you can easily pick up the pet hair with your vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t you have time for cleaning? Then, the robot vacuum cleaner is a good option to deal with the hair. While it is operating, you don’t even need to stay home.
- Pumice stone is a great option to pick up matted hair that is too hard to eliminate with the vacuum cleaner. Its scratchy nature help to out the hair from the carpet.
Remove pet hair from the upholstery
The upholstery is also subject to fall victim to dog and cat hair. Don’t get upset since there is good news for you. There have some simple tricks to get the hair off that reduce your labor on the upholstery.
- Using a sticky lint roller is one of the best ways to clean up pet fur from the upholstery. This is inexpensive and handy. When you’re in a hurry, it would be the solution for quick pick up of the hair.
- Don’t you have a lint roller? Then you can usually use the pair of rubber gloves that is wet or tape. Flatten the sticky side of the tape for some moment and then peel it away to come out the stubborn hair.
- Or else you can use a handheld vacuum cleaner which comes with the attachment that helps you to collect fur from the upholstery.
- You can also try a dampen clean sponge or cloth on the upholstery and see the hair come out.
Remove pet hair from the cloths
This is so important for the pet owner. Find the fur on your clothes make you uncomfortable so that you have to concern on it.
- The smart way to clean up pet hair from the laundry is: loosen the fur before washing, and it will make your task easy. Try lint roller over the cloth and watch how gently it collect the hair.
- If you have enough time, then wash your cloth with the use of white vinegar (the amount should be ½ or ¾ cup). Vinegar can remove the hair effectively. One more thing before you throwing the cloth into the washing machine, don’t forget to shake each garment to fall down the loose hair.
- In case of pesky static cling, placing the laundry into the dryer with the dryer sheet, it will break the bond between cloth and hair.
Grooming and prevent shedding
‘Prevention is better than cure’ we all know this. So as for the dealing pet too. If you manage the shedding and grooming the pet; then clean up the fur is super easy for you and headaches at bay.
And of course, if you don’t want to like to clean the fur daily or you have no time for cleaning, then these tips are for you. Else it will keep away the furniture from the hair.
- With the help of blanket cover your couch, bed, or where your pets want to lay down for the maximum time. When the guests visit your home, just remove the blanket and get clean furniture. To avoid the odor of blanket clean and wash it regularly.
- Comb your dearest pet to protect the fall of loose hair. To comb, you can use fur-remover brush or furminator. It’s crucial to groom your pet. When you’re combing with an effective brush, all loose hair come out and less shedding occurs. Don’t forget to keep a cloth under the pets during brushing and it will protect the floor from the hair.
- Bath your pets once or twice in a month that also help to reduce shedding and pre-existence of skin diseases
- Also, you can cut the excess hair once in a month to manage the shedding.
- Train the pets is another way to manage the hair to fall. Teach your pet to stay away from the furniture or bed.
Remember, if you think your pets are shedding more than natural, consult with a vet for help.
Check Out Our Top Picked Shark Vacuums for Removing Pet Hair
We hope these tips make your home fur-free. You may think these require more time, but honestly, once you try any of the above tricks you’ll get less volume of hair, and that makes you truly happy as you want to get rid of pet hair at all.
Also, don’t forget to share with us if you have any other idea to remove pet hair in the comment box below.
Stay clean and leads a healthy life.